9.27.2008

Breakfast Supper

I asked Jason if he wanted Breakfast Supper tonight. He said, "nah, I'll just eat a bowl of Cap'n Crunch." I rolled my eyes and told him that we could have bacon and he quickly changed his mind.

Tonight's dinner was inspired by my favorite tv chef -- The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). I watched her earlier this week make a breakfast of roasted asparagus and scrambled eggs, so tonight I decided to give it a try. Asparagus is one of the few green things that Jason will eat - he actually loves it.


The full dinner consisted of bacon, toast, hashbrowns, asparagus and scrambled eggs.




Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Asparagus and Scrambled Eggs
1 bunch asparagus, ends chopped off
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper


4-6 eggs
Splash of milk (or half-n-half)


1. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over asparagus
2. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
3. Add milk to eggs and scramble