11.23.2008

Meemaw E's Ham

The holidays are here!! Jason decided to decorate the house (and himself) today. I decided to really get festive and bake a ham. Every year since I can remember my Meemaw E would bake a ham for Christmas. Her recipe is really easy and I swear this is the best ham you will ever put in your mouth.


I always buy a bone-in ham, because it has more flavor. I try to find a smoked ham. These hams are technically already "cooked," but we're heating it up and adding great flavor.

Meemaw E's Ham:
1 bone-in smoked ham
1 cup of brown sugar (maybe a little depending on how big the ham is)
1 can or bottle of Coca-Cola (not diet, not pepsi, not some off brand, get the real thing)
Black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. I cook this in the crockpot, but you can also cook this ham in a 300 degree oven.
2. Score the ham with a sharp knife.
3. Rub entire ham with brown sugar.
4. Pour coke over entire ham and sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Cook the ham for about 4 hours, basting every 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Kyle + Jason said...

Okay, I normally don't wear that stupid little apron thing!!! I found it in the bottom of a box and thought it would be funny if I put it on. I didn't know it was going to make the blog!!

jason