I always buy a bone-in ham, because it has more flavor. I try to find a smoked ham. These hams are technically already "cooked," but we're heating it up and adding great flavor.
1 cup of brown sugar (maybe a little depending on how big the ham is)
1 can or bottle of Coca-Cola (not diet, not pepsi, not some off brand, get the real thing)
Black pepper to taste
1. I cook this in the crockpot, but you can also cook this ham in a 300 degree oven.
2. Score the ham with a sharp knife.
3. Rub entire ham with brown sugar.
4. Pour coke over entire ham and sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Cook the ham for about 4 hours, basting every 30 minutes.