10.23.2008

Grilled Perfection

Tonight, I grilled chicken. After countless Food Network episodes on grilling, I've finally learned my lesson -- don't keep flipping your chicken. Did that come out wrong? You know what I mean. All the chefs say to grill your chicken for 7 minutes or so and then flip once and cook for another 7 minutes.....that way, you always get crispy skin and that dark color that makes it look so good.

There are 10,000 different marinades for grilled chicken, but tonight I kept it simple. One other important tip for grilling. You need to make sure and buy chicken that is on the bone and still has the skin on it. Even if you don't want to eat the skin, it helps lock in flavor and moistness...trust me on this one. For a long time I thought boneless, skinless chicken was healthier, and it is, but it gets dry so easily -- it's just not worth it!!

Simple Grilled Chicken:
4 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
Rosemary -- lots of it

Directions:
1. Place chicken in a ziploc bag and drizzle with olive oil
2. Make sure every piece is completely covered
3. Throw in rosemary, salt, and pepper
4. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before grilling
5. See above for grilling instructions

No comments: