10.18.2008

It's Cocktail Time!

I think I created a new drink....is that possible? I had to work today, so I was cranky. Jason took too long of a nap, so he was cranky. Those kind of days call for a liquid dinner. I saw that I had some leftover basil and I decided to get creative. I had vodka, a couple of limes, and I knew that something magical was about to be produced. I've searched online to see if this drink already exists, and I can't find anything. If you know what this drink is called, please let me know....otherwise, it will be known as a BLV (basil, lime, vodka).

BLV:
Vodka
Freshly squeezed lime juice
1 large basil leaf, shredded
Splash of ginger ale (or tonic water if you prefer)

You can really taste the basil in this drink and it's very refreshing. It's a great way to use up extra basil, and a great way to impress your friends (by telling them about a drink they've never heard of...the BLV). I also think the drink turned out really pretty, don't you?

No comments: