We call this meal Potato Box and it's another one of those quick fix meals that is ready in about 30 minutes (and it couldn't be easier). We think Jason's brother Jeff would love this meal for some reason. Maybe it's the combination of ground beef and potatoes from a box, maybe it's the bread crumb topping, or just call it a hunch. Either way, this dinner is in heavy rotation at our house because of how easy and delicious it is.
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 box of potatoes (we've used juliene, scalloped, hashbrown, they're all great with this)
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
*Some box potato packages call for milk, so make sure you have about a cup on hand
1. Brown ground beef and one small onion in a skillet
2. Drain grease
3. Assemble potatoes according to package directions (add water & milk to dry potatoes and place in a casserole dish)
4. Add ground beef & onion to potatoes before placing into the oven
5. Top with bread crumbs and give it a few hits of spray butter
6. Bake according to package directions
The result is wonderful and if you try this, you'll probably be thanking us for changing your life with this recipe.