10.16.2008

Too Much

Too much work....too much pasta.....what was I thinking? I was off work today, so I decided to make stuffed shells. I've never done this before, so I decided to use the recipe on the back of the box of pasta shells. They forgot to mention that it takes almost an hour to get this stuff ready. They also forgot to mention that this recipe makes enough stuffed shells for a small army. Don't get me wrong, it turned out good, but I probably won't be making this dish again anytime soon.

Stuffed Shells:
1 - 12 oz. package of jumbo shells
1 - 32 oz. container of ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 cups mozzerella cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped basil
Zest of one lemon
Salt & Pepper
1 package of Italian sausage
1 jar of pasta sauce

Directions:
1. Cook Italian sausage, drain grease, and let cool
2. Cook pasta according to package directions
3. Stir ricotta, eggs, mozzerella, basil, lemon zest and spices together in a bowl
4. Once sausage has cooled, add to cheese mixture
5. Lightly grease a baking dish
6. Pour some pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish
7. Once pasta has cooled, begin filling each shell with sausage/cheese mixture
8. Once all of the pasta shells have been filled, top with pasta sauce
9. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes

P.S. Jason loves garlic bread



1 comment:

Kyle + Jason said...

Wow! That guy is cute!

-anonymous